Sunday, April 25, 2010

Psychic's Suck

Saturdays, oh how I love you. I woke up and drove my Man to the refinery for the very LAST time. Exciting, no? I came home where this beautiful breakfast was awaiting me...


I love the days that I don’t have to earn this first, well I mean I had to walk to the fridge but that doesn’t count. I’m not THAT lazy. This mix was 1/3 cup Oats, 1Tbsp Almond Butter, 1 Tsp Maca Powder, 2-3 Tbsp Almond Milk, ¾ Smashed Banana annnnd Cinnamon.

I ate this while watching The Real Housewives of Altanta reruns. Mmm hmm I stooped that low, reality TV reruns. Having already seen this one once I really only half watched. Anyway, it was the episode where the girls are sucked into seeing Kim’s psychic. This reminded me of my own experience with a psychic....

Actually, it was someone else’s experience with a psychic. I need to start by saying that I would NEVER go to a psychic. They actually horrify me. I would rather live my life unknowing of what’s to come then to be told what is or isn’t going to happen. I mean what if you go there and they tell you have 30 days to live, or worse, you’re going to burn your eyelashes off in a freak cooking accident (life ruiner). I just can’t see any good coming from it and it freaks me out.

So back to the story, I’d been dating my Man for about 4 months when my GRANDMA went to a psychic. Let me repeat that, my GRANDMA went to a psychic. She was there to hear about her own life when all of a sudden the psychic starts talking about ME. She goes on to say that I was dating someone in construction (he was working in the Oil field, so of course everyone in my family decided these two things are the same thing) and that he has a potty mouth. Okay that wasn’t that word she used but whatever it was it meant that he swears and says crude things (I mean sometimes but who doesn’t). Ugh, wait it gets worse. THEN she says that I’m going to get PREGNANT and have my heart broken very soon. Who?.... Is?.... This Lady?

My Grandma told my Mom and my Mom decided to share this little gift with me. I remember practically falling off my chair and then going from shock, mad, to dirty rage. I actually felt violated, like peeping Tom violated. I wasn't there, why did the psychic start talking about me? and now what? What am I supposed to do with this information? Put in my pocket and carry on like nothing happened? My Mom actually dropped that bomb and then said, “Well it’s just something to be aware of”. Oh really? I’m just supposed to hang out with the guy I’m already head over heels for and just be aware that he might be an a**hole and I MAY be having his baby? No problem Teresa, my eyes are peeled.

Fast forward to 2 and half years later, no love child and my hearts still in one piece (stil INlove). Oh and I still HATE psychics.

After breakfast I decided to hit up ride class. It was full, like every Saturday morning. So as per usual I walked in with Straight hair and left with Curly. Sign of a good workout right there. The only awkward thing about this ride class was the guy on the bike next to me. He kept turning to look at me and he was RIGHT beside me. Evertime he turned his head to the side he was practically in my personal space. He wasn't checking me out, believe you me, I was sporting my "gym" look. It was as if he was competing with me. Dude, it doesn’t matter how fast you pedal these bikes don’t move. You can’t “win”.

I came home and had THIS


½ Scoop Muscle Food with H20 and Cinnamon.

After chugging that I showered so I could go back to having straight, more attractive hair. Then I had plans to go see ANOTHER movie. This time I was taking my Grandma to go see The Backup Plan. It was funny because when I originally called to invite her I had to leave a message on her machine. She called me back at work and when my Sister answered my Grandma was like, “What’s Brittany talking about? Backup Plan? I didn’t know anything about an original plan?” Love her.



Before going to pick her up I had some Lunch which was a repeat of yesterday because it was that GOOD


Acorn Squash and TVP with Ketchup and Mustard

I packed these little goodies up for my Grandma


She reads my blog, so I wanted her to try a fig with Cinnamon Swirl PB, Chocolate PB annnd a Vitamuffin. I also stopped and picked us up some Blueberry Tea on the way there.

Okay, so here’s the review. One Peanut Butter Thumb up. It was cute and I did laugh however, I wouldn’t recommend this movie to anyone by using the line, “It’s sooooo GOOD, you HAVE to see it.” Also, it added a few more reasons to my "why not to get pregnant list".



Afterwards I got started on my To Do List:

- Pick up some Maranatha PB with Salt (check)

- Pick up Dog Poop (nope)

- Pick up Straightening Spray (check)

- Make more Protein Bars (nope)

- Deposit my Man’s money into our account (Check)

- Take out the load of laundry you forgot about and left in the dryer for a week (nope)


I deserved a snack for being somewhat productive.


Protein Cake with PB and Jelly. This protein cake looks sick, like seriously ill. I think all the baking powder stayed at the top and formed bubbles. The cake was a mix of 3 Tbsp Egg Whites, ½ Scoop Muscle Food, 1 Tbsp Pumpkin, ½ Tsp Baking Powder, microwaved for 1 minutes.

My Man got home from work and we hit up the grocery store for Taco Salad ingredients. He had it in his head that this is what he was having for supper.

His


Beef cooked with Taco Seasoning, Romain Lettuce, Tomatoes, Salsa, Greek Yorgurt, Santa Fe Bbq Chips.

Hers


Obviously not taco salad. I felt like more Acorn Squash and SEITAN. I George Formaned this Seitan and it was hit an all time record of HUGE. I was too busy standing in front of it in Awe to take a picture. Shocking.

Oh and I started with some Kale, I needed some green in my life



The rest our night was spent watching Armored on the Big Screen. Another mediocre movie.

I made up for all that mediocre with PB and JELLY GREEK YOG


I stuck it in the freezer while I made this morning’s Breakfast Cookie. It was ¾ Cup Greek Yogurt, 3 drops of French Vanilla Stevia, Cinnamon, Tbsp PB and Tbsp Jelly.

We stayed up until 11:00, SUCH rebels.

11 comments:

  1. That is so cute that you and your grandma had a movie date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl you are GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwwww movie date with your gram sounds fab! How sweet! So sweet too she reads the blog! Your gram is cool as hell!!!

    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Breakfast Cookies are the best!!!

    Love ya beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your blog and great post on pb & jenny ;)
    jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol i laughed when u said "who is this lady?" haha! yea im so sceptical of psychics.. i mean shouldnt we all.. what determines one.. and why uno.. why would anyone claim to hold a power to see into the future. and why are we all so gulible at times. no ill feelings towards those who are or like going to psycics.. im just sayin' lol

    xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Found your blog via PB and Jenny. I totally LOLed at your psychic story! That happened to my friend too! Her mom's psychic told her that one of her daughters was going to get pregnant...and she did...FOUR YEARS LATER! Haha, no offense, because I <3 fortune telling, but it's not an exact science, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  7. B!! That is sooo adorable that you and your grandma have movie dates! :) And even more adorable that you pack her movie snacks! So cute. Hahaha your psychic story is hilarious! She obviously doesnt have good credentials if she's making up a story about her customer's granddaughter!! So lame.

    Hope you're having a fab weekend love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your blog is so cute! stumbled upon it off of jenny's website.
    and totally stealing tha PB&J greek yogurt idea! yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. dirty rage! HA! that's so not fair, like you were told your "future" without even asking for it. i'm not a fan. we def have the same sense of humour and i love love it. btw, watching mtv's 16 and pregnant is a GREAT way to remind yourself to NOT get pregnant. wait, do you have mtv? crap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha that is so funny about your grandmother and the psychic... but not funny at the same time. that is so strange and I am glad to hear that you are not pregnant and still head over heels for your man!

    it sounds like you guys have such a great relationship! i love it... almost as much as I loved your Lift post on Jenny's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha that story about your grandma's psychic is awesome. I'd be like, thanks grandma....so you think I have horrible taste in guys and am gonna get knocked up? Awesome to hear you think so highly of me.

    Loved the LIFT post at PB&J by the way...you and your man are GORGEOUS together!!

    ReplyDelete