I did VERY little yesterday morning. I got out of bed for one thing and one thing only..
Breakfast Cookie
I ate this at the table, which actually surprised myself since I have a tendency to enjoy my food in front of the TV whenever the opportunity presents itself. You know that really is such a stupid rule, to all the magazines out there that tell me not to do this, I say NO it is okay. Afterwards I went back to bed and laid there until 11:30. I would have stayed longer but my Man forgot to pack lunch today and I needed to be there by 12:00.
My Man just started working the “Shut Down” at the refinery, which means he’ll be working EVERYDAY for the next 30 days. “Boooooooooo”, two big peanut butter covered thumbs down.
When I got home I made myself some Lunch
Bnut Fries
Mel and I did a few things yesterday...
She showed up with one of THESE for me
For starters, the day before I made a trip to shoppers and left with a Bare Minerals Starter Kit. Now this seemed like a really good idea and I thought it was 85 dollars I NEEDED to spend. I was wrong. I opened up the kit to discover that the Starter Kit “display” was like a super sized version of what you ACTUALLY get. Also, in no way was this powder going to “cover” anything up. Damn, Damn, Damn. How many times before I learn that Mac can do no wrong and everything else sucks? Realistically probably never...
In the mean time I needed to get my 85 dollars back and Mel was just the girl for the job. She started by calling one Shoppers and asking about their return policy. The cosmetics lady made the mistake of divulging too much information. She told her that they do not take refunds on cosmetics unless the person had an allergic reaction. Perfect.
We showed up a different Shopper’s location and Mel went in with this story.. “My little sister (me) bought this Bare Minerals Starter Kit yesterday and as soon as she put it on her skin she had SUCHA bad reaction. I feel bad because I was the one who told her to buy it, but I mean I never have any sensitivity issues with MY skin.” Swipe, Swipe 85 dollars back on my Visa.
And that’s what Best Friends are for...
After all that scheming we decided to do some shopping. We headed to a store 15 minutes out of time to blow some money on clothes, I mean come on now I practically had an 85 dollar credit just sitting on my Visa. I bought a pair of Jeans I didn’t need but wanted and I think Mel left with a few shirts. As we were leaving the store we stumbled across the place where all of THIS goodness is made...
The home of Prairie Berry Spreads. When in Rome...
Stock up on Prairie Berry. I left with these two and Mel left with a very similar looking stash.
Here's a blurb about their product, "Our products use generous amounts of fruit while rationing the sugar. Our products are just like homemade preserves, no additives, no preservatives, no artificial flavours or colours." YUMmay.
After being back at the condo castle for a while I decided it was time for a snack so I had an Ezekiel English Muffin
With Better Butter (Earth Balance)
And a Fig with PB
When supper time rolled around I was in the mood to cook something, BUT since I wasn’t in the mood to eat anything fancy. So channelled Betty Crocker and whipped this up for my MAN.
Recipe
- 2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp each of Cumin and Paprika
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- ¼ Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
I mixed all this stuff together and rubbed in some Chicken Thighs. Next up I surrounded the thighs with 1/3 Cup Couscous, 1/3 Cup Water, ½ Cup Black Beans, ½ Cup Corn. This was of course AFTER I called my Mom to make sure you could let veggies and couscous touch raw chicken. I don’t want to kill him.
Voila
It smelled AHmazing. I even tasted the couscous black bean corn combo and it was delicious. If you eat chicken MAKE this. I think I’ll have to try making it with something I’d eat VERY soon. I cooked it at 350 for umm 20 minutes I think? I always watch everything I cook.
My Supper was something that SOUNDS like a really odd combination but it tastes really good. I swear. I was craving something sweet, but knew that I had yet to have ANY protein in my day sooooo....
Sweet Tempeh Quesadilla
I smothered an Ezekiel Wrap with Honey and then sliced Tempeh and placed it on one side.
Folded it over and tossed it in the oven. Sweeeeet Protein, just what I needed. Stab it with tooth picks so it stays shut like it’s supposed to.
Earlier in the day I had also picked up some light reading material. So I ate my supper and dove into these..
Before bed, which was extra early since my Man had to work this morning, I had an Almost Empty Jar of Cashew Butter.
I filled it with this NEW cereal and Almond Milk
Nature's Path (always safe & good) Synergy Cereal. I love texture of this cereal, super crunchy. Cereals gotta have CRUNCH.
The end.
Just kidding. I woke up again for these..
I ate em with PB and Saskatoon Prairie Berry Spread.
WHAT AN AWESOME BEST FRIEND! That is what friends are for anyway! Love it. Hope you have a great Easter :o)
ReplyDeletemmm blueberry topping.. sounds GREAT!
Hey girlie!!
ReplyDeletethanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I can't wait to read more of yours! Starbucks and Mac=LOVE!! I hope you are having a fabulous weekend!
xoxo!
Happy Easter girl!! That chicken does sound good, I'd love to make a version of it with seitan! And the sweet tempeh quesedilla looks awesome too. I love how fearless you are with trying new combos!
ReplyDeletehehehe...everyone needs a best friend like that in their life, don't you think? :P
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely Easter, babygirl! xoxo
Wow that all looks so good! I love getting to the end of a nut butter jar so I can 1. fill it with some oats/cereal/granola, and 2. so I can try something new! :D
ReplyDeleteHope you've had a great Easter and weekend!!