On the drive to the gym I contemplated what day it was going to be. Bi's and tri's? Calves and Abs? Shoulders? Legs? After ruling out legs because they're the hardest (HATE) I gave it a second thought. I'd really like to see my Butt rise a little higher and if I did legs today I could probably do them friday. Legs it was. Bring it.
I did Squats on the Smith Machine like every other legs day but this time I noticed something different. See this is the ONE machine where I neglected to study the "how to" picture. I thought it was pretty straight forward and i'm normally in too big of a rush to get started on this one to look at anything around me. The sooner I start the sooner THAT one's done. Yesterday however, PRECAUTION happened to catch my eye. It read something like this..
"Injury can occur if the following precautions are not observed."
It then pointed out a par of safety pins you are supposed to adjust, their job is to stop the bar from crashing down on you incase your chosen weight becomes to heavy. My first reaction was "there are NO pins" and then I looked. Well i'll be damned. I took a moment to thank my lucky stars that I've never squished or "injured" myself, especially since i'm always dabbling in heavier weights and usually resorting back to the lesser one.
I came home and chugged this back

FULL Scoop of Muscle Food (I mix it with water, good question Andrea)
Work = Breakfast Cookie

Breakfast Cookie = One Happy Camper
It was my final farwell to the Princesses

Last Princess plate. Cookie remnants, gross.
My morning of work consisted of Payroll. Wouldn't YOU like ME to be the one in charge of your pay cheque? I finished figuring out the service technicians OT, calculating hours, doubling my salary and creating everyone's pay cheques. Oh just kidding I didn't figure out the service tech's OT.
All that work made my stomach grumble, or maybe I was just hungry for my money. Either way I found THIS hiding in my desk drawer so I drank it..

May or may not be a full scoop, I can't be sure. I added a little water and chugged it back.
Not too long after that it was Lunch. Now I need to be clear here. It's not creativity i'm running low on, it's groceries.

Seitan, last package of Miracle Noodles and the only two veggies in the fridge, mushrooms and broccoli. The sauce was new.

I mixed 2 Tbsp Greek Yogurt, 1/2 - 1 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar (use your disgretion), 1 Tsp Soy Sauce and 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast.
Lunch Dessert

I did
Lunch was over and it was time for my PAG meeting, which is my Personal Advisory Group (made up of ME and 6 other family business owners/kids of owners). During the meeting I remembered this really awkward occurence that happened between me and one of the other members. The member i'm talking about actually lives about a block away from me so we'll refer to him as Neighbor. SO we'd only met once before this particular CAFE event, which is the organization the PAG's stem from. My parents ditched my Sister and I to sit at a table with some successful business owners like themselves. Pfff like they were more interesting than US, come on now.
Anyway, this meant my Sister and I had to grab a table with a group of strangers EXCEPT one, the Neighbor, whom I sat beside. Now I've failed to mention one of the most important parts to this story. Neighbor's background is Chinese. I tried to make conversation so I asked him if the older lady with him was his mom. He laughed out loud. Oh shit I thought, is that his girlfriend? Worse. He turned to me and said, "You look more like my mom than she does". Turns out she was filipino and I'm blind. Ooops..
When I got home from my PAG I needed some "Fuuuuuudgin FRENCH TOAST"

Memba her?
So that's what I had, 2 pieces to be exact

With PB
I decided to make another batch of Seitan using the same recipe from Sunday. I know what you're thinking, and you're right I am nuts. But for one, i'm too lazy to try and find another recipe and two, the fat seitan has character. It's kind of entertaining watching it puff up like a blow fish when heated. You know what they say, small things amuse small minds.
Speaking of fish, here's what I had for Suppa

Tilapia and Sweet Potato Fries AGAIN. This time with a twist though, Dill and Agave on the fish and Cinnamon and Salt on the Sweet Taters. Shortly after this picture the Ketchup snuck it's way in. How does it always do that?
My Man's little brother is the city this week (his mom and brother's live 2 hours out of town). The boys had Domino's Pizza and then we headed to the theater for..
HOT TUB TIME MACHINE

Boys pick obviously. I give it 1 Peanut Butter Covered Thumb up, maybe 1 and half for what it is. It was definitely funny and I swear the assortment of colours in the 80's attire and decor alone was VERY entertaining. There was just those odd parts that were REALLY gross.. like bodily function humour..
When we got home I had more of this..

Shocking I know.
Then my Man proceeds to tell me AFTER I chow down on my last snack for the night that THIS package came for me..
Vitamuffin SAMPLES!!!!!! I died and went to heaven..

I went to bed and dreamt of sampling/eating the entire contents of each and every box. Thank you Shelley and Katie!!
Haha, I feel like the day I move in with a BF is the day all my exercising goes down the drain...I give you mad props for motivating yourself to get out of bed when you have someone to snuggle with!!
ReplyDeleteWish I were productive enough to make my own seitan, but I always just buy it haha...I'm kinda interested in how you make yours though, could you post the recipe?
Hope you had a great hump day, my dear!!
i totally wana see hot tub time machine! that looks hilarious..kind of like the hangover? which i loved!
ReplyDeleteHahaha don't you just love awkward moments?! I have those alll the time! Ahh oh well :) Yay for hittin' the gym! You are like my idol for waking up so early! I think 8am is basically the crack of dawn haha :)
ReplyDeleteLove your princess plate! So cute. And I really wanna see Hot Tub Time Machine!!
Have a great day love!
VITA MUFFINS!!! AHHH that is so awesome. I have never tried them but they looks so gosh darn delicious.
ReplyDeleteStill must make your protein bars after I go to the grocery store the next time to pick up the necessities I do not have!
Awesome workout girl!