I did something really crazy yesterday morning and woke up at 5:20 intentionally. It was Thursday, which means it was Power Class (weights, weights and more weights) at the Gym, and I wanted to sneak in 20 minutes of cardiovascular first. I blow my own mind.
When I came home I chugged this Mug:

Full Scoop Muscle Food do your thang
Bailey was showing me so much love at the Veteranians office, all she wanted was to be in my arms at all times and I was just soaking this up. Then the Vet came in and ruined our moment. She went over a list of pre or post surgical options as long as my leg.
“Do you want blood work? Pain meds? IV?
Ummm these are options? How cruel are you?
“And do you want her Tattooed? Licensed? Micro Chipped?”
Are we still talking about the dog?
I took it all. Just kidding, I went with the first three options and the tattoo and license. I wasn’t sold on the micro chip; if I were to find a lost dog I don’t think my first thought would be to scan it.
Then the lady proceeded to ask me if I wanted to take Bailey “back there” with her. Trying to make Bailey as comfortable for as long as possible I figured SURE I’ll take her “back there”. Well back there meant walking to a room 5 feet away and putting her in one of 15 cages that covered the wall. GREAT, now I went from Super Mom to Asshole.
I walked out (SO HARD, I don’t even leave muffins behind) and headed for the exit. When I got to the front desk I could hear Bailey barking insistently. That’s my girl, YOU tell them. She might appear like a suck, but when you make her do something she doesn’t want to do, you’ll hear about it. She gets that from her mom..
After all that drama I finally got to work and had THIS:

Breakfast Cookie and Starbucks. Between you and me, that's my same Starbucks cup as the day before, I just put new tea in it. It makes me feel like i'm actually having Starbucks again, it's nice being simple.
I thought I was hungry around 11 so I mixed water with some Muscle Food, no idea how much since I’ve been carrying this container around in my bag for weeks.

That would be Almond Butter drowning in the mixture.
I was tired by 12:00 so I figured I needed to eat my lunch in hopes of waking up

A Tempeh sandwich with Hummus, BBQ Sauce, Spinach and Tomatoes. The bread would be Ezekiel. (Surprising, no?) This kind of bread ate the flavor before I could so I actually only ended up eating one piece. Apparently, I’m not a huge sandwich girl. They’re a little too dry for my liking since I like things SAUCY.
I had an Apple too

Yesterday was such a weird day as far as food went. I wasn't feeling so HAWT and it was making it really hard to tell whether I was hungry or full. OR neither and just grumpy since my head hurt..
I thought carrots might help

These have been in my purse for 3 days. Don't judge. The crunch feels good when you have a headache.
By the end of the afternoon fear about being responsible for another little life (one that just had surgery) started to kick in. Will she hate me? can she even move or walk? How will I drive with her? How will I get her in and out of her house? Why on earth would someone let me get a dog?.. "All I was thinking", that was misleading I made it sound like I wasn't thinking 10 billion things.
When I arrived at the Vet to pick her up I was escorted "back there" to get her. I was so relieved when she was squirming with excitment to see me, so relieved that I ALMOST didn't notice the green bandana they tied around her neck. Ummm you just SPAYED her, could you cut her some slack and NOT make her look like a boy. How much emotional trauma do we need to put her through in one day?
Both high out of our trees (thanks to some SERIOUS migraine pills for me and pain killers for Bailey) we spent the rest of the afternoon/night being bums. We moved from the couch, to the basement couch, to the kitchen chairs (I set her bed on the one beside me), back to the couch, to bed. We were both hurtin for certain. We let my man join the club when he came home with a REALLY sore back. Now not to get all mushy on you guys (another weird saying considering what follows is ALWAYS mushy) but it was so cute watching my Man with Bailey. He has the biggest heart and he was so amazing with her. When he's around I'm never scared that I can't handle her, or anything for that matter. Okay Okay wrapping it up, (LOVE him), moving on..
I managed to have a few bites throught the night...

Kale Chips for lounging - Kale, Nutritional Yeast, Olive Oil Spray cooked at 350 until crisPY.

Left over Pumpkin Chickpeas from the other night. These were SO good cold. Next time I make them they're going straight in the fridge.
Some Comfort Food

Along with operating heavy machinery and driving, using the oven should be on the list of things not to do after taking a Relpax Pill. I forgot I was cooking..
When I was done the Bnut fries we both passed out hard.
BUT I woke up at 10:00 since we were in bed at 8:00 and had THIS:

Pumpernickle, PB, Banana, Cashew Butter. Mmmm I love my biracial bananas, so extra sweet.
You know I really should have given up late night feasting for lent. It's totally unnecessary (but enjoyable) and it interfers with sleeping through the night. Instead I wake up around midnight (because i've made this habit) all excited, Let's do this!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment