Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'm So Self Involved

This post has nothing to do with healthy eating/living and everything to do with ME.

I am completely aware that no one reads my blog and I’m essentially just talking to myself. The good news is that I find myself rather entertaining. A blog is kind of like a mirror of your day and who doesn’t like staring at themselves in the mirror? Plus I have no one to correct my grammar. I don’t actually know where the appropriate spots are to put commas. You see I’m a visual learner so I just put them where I think it LOOKS like there should be one.


This is my little family. We named our fur baby Bailey, she’s bad ass. In her culture they show affection by biting and laying 3 feet away from you at all times. She loves us lots. That’s my man holding her. Isn’t he handsome?



Bailey comes to work with me. I realize how this looks. My parents are my boss at work (and in life), I share an office with my sister and my dog comes to work with me. Now this is the part where I would say something to defend myself, but I can’t. Life is good.

Here's a picture of her hard at work...


I have to comment on the about me section on the side of my blog. My true title at work is Accounting Associate. This is what is printed on my business cards hidden in the back corner of my desk drawer. I don’t like this title. It sounds like I’m just a friend of the REAL accountant, like I’m just there to hang with the Accountant or something. This is why I prefer to call myself THE accountant to everyone outside of the company. Either that or I say that I “do the accounting”. It’s an identity crisis of sorts…

Next, I will comment on the Style Consultant part. This job is new. I was asked to do it about week ago so I can’t say that I’ve actually earned the title yet. I’m excited about this though. A year ago I played with the idea of opening my own store. I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what would sell and what Regina is lacking in the fashion department. However, when I realized that the fun part (choosing the clothes) was actually only like 10% of that endeavor and the other 90% was not fun stuff I rethought that idea. I feel like I got lucky with this job because I get 100% of the 10% fun. Confused?

As, far as modeling and the entertainment industry goes, I’m 90% into the modeling and 10% into the entertainment industry. If you haven’t noticed I’m loving the ratios. I hate acting. It makes me feel uncomfortable and I get nervous. The only time I actually do anything related to acting is when I’m asked to do and I don’t have to audition. I play silent parts that involve sitting on boats in bathing suits or pretend sleeping in SGI commercials. You know the parts that require copious amounts of talent. I’ve also worked as a Stand-In and Photo Double. Most notably, in the movie Just Friends, for Amy Smart. Yes I just typed that last sentence in hopes that you might think I’m cooler for it. Mmm hmmm.. “Most notably” sounded so smart too.

No comments:

Post a Comment