
I had breakfast with Tinkerbell

We didn't invite Peter..
I took a couple bites and called my sister to tell her that I was coming to Ride (she always saves me a bike) at 9:30. It was 8 and she was already heading to the gym to get in a work out before class. Since I was half way done my Breakfast Cookie and my internet explorer kept sporadically closing on me I figured that I would join. Somehow I ended up on the elliptical to “warm up”, this turned into 20 minutes, a 20 minute WARM UP. That is not a warm up that is 10 minutes short of a cardio session. Before I knew it I had done my tri’s, bi’s, back and chest. What?!? Now Ride? My sister is sneaky like that.
I got home and had some Starbucks

Full scoop Muscle Food. I tried added Guar Gum to this protein shake since I heard it’s a thickening agent and I’m a sucker for making anything seem like MORE. It did nothing.. I will have to think of a way to try this stuff again.
You know what my least favorite part of working out is? Having to shower after. Yesterday I took a stand and decided not to shower and to be dirty for the rest of the day. Feeling liberated I decided to use my newly acquired time to make my man some lunch. It was Saturday so he was workin.
Enter Thai Protein Pizza
Using THIS:

I threw ½ cup of kidney beans in the food processor, added 1tbsp whole wheat flour, 4 canned tomatoes (since I was all out of not canned ones), 1 tbsp Agave, 1 tbsp Soy Sauce, half clove of garlic and BLENDED. I slathered this mixture all over an Ezekiel Tortilla and topped it with one sliced chicken breast, thinly sliced orange pepper, bean sprouts, tomatoes and a little mozzarella cheese.

There is a LOT of protein in that pizza.
Then I made MY lunch!

Those green things my friends are KALE CHIPS. These are freakin AHmazing!! I ate them with my homemade Bean Burger annnnnnd ketchup, My burger was flavored but I couldn't help myself.
Bean Burger:
½ cup Kidney Beans
1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1 tsp Soy Sauce
½ clove of Garlic
Toss ingredients in food processor. Once mixed, roll into a ball, flatten and cook in frying pan until both sides are crispy.
Kale Chips:
Bunch of Kale
Olive Oil Cooking Spray
Salt
Nutritional Yeast
Lay Kale on a cookie sheet like this

Spray with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and nutritional yeast. Cook for 15 minutes at 350. Then EAT. Sooooooo GOOD, you have to make these. When I make these again however, I will cut the Kale up before cooking it that way I won’t lose any “chip” to breakage. I pretty much licked up the crumbs.
Since I had to wash our sheets yesterday, not because i'm domesticated and wash them on a regular basis but because I spilt tea and in my apology said I would, I decided I could definitely get away with eating this in bed and watching PVR’d Real Housewives.
After those yummy salty chips I needed something sweet. Duh.

3 Finn Crisps with PB
Annnnnnnnd

1 apple. I tried to make this fancy by creating a circle of standing wedges, but the apple wasn’t cooperating. The 3 odd ball slices were for Bailey.
Muffin Love
I tried out THIS recipe for muffins and I have to say that I give them 2 BIG Peanut Butter Covered Thumbs UP!! So fast, So easy. These little muffins taste like heaven.

- 1 ½ cup Oat Bran
- ½ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ cup Agave
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Canned Pumpkin
- ½ cup Almond Milk (I used unsweetened vanilla flavor)
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 tbsp Flax Seed Meal
- 3 tbsp Water

1. Mix dry ingredients in large bowl
2. Mix wet ingredients separately

3. Now mix both bowls together
4. Scoop ¼ cup of mixture into 12 greased muffin cup things

5. Lick the bowl

6. Cook at 425 for 15 minutes
7. EAT
I’m not sure how long I left mine in for. I watch like a hawk because I like my muffins, cookies, baking etc.. to be gooey and slightly undercooked. My man thinks this is an accident and that I don’t know how long to cook things. I don’t, but I know to take my muffins out when my finger still leaves an imprint in the top.
I ate the gooiest one IMMEDIATELY, I like it HAWT.
So Cute

Yummm… words cannot explain.. Eaten with Better Butter (Earth balance)cause that's whatchu do.
My man and I decided to be different for Suppa
His

Healthy Fish Sticks and those white "sweet potato" fries. I still think the bag is lying.
I sprinkled his fries with THIS for extra crunch:

Corn Grits

I sprayed them with Olive Oil spray first so it would stick.
Hers

I had Sweet Potato fries and Seitan Sausage.
Seitan Sausage
1/2 cup Kidney beans
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Cloves Garlic
1 1/4 cup Vital Wheat Gluten
1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
1 Cup Water
1.Puree all ingredients in food processor
2.Divide into 6 sausages (which was roughly 1/4 cup each)
3.TRY to roll each ball into sausage like form (I had trouble with this, pfff minor details)
4.Wrap each sausage in tin foil and put in steamer for 40 minutes

Devil

This tried to sabotage my sausage making by shutting off every 2 minutes and beeping incessantly. My man tried to knock some sense into it, literally, but it would not let up. It under estimated my will power and we kept using it anyway.

Verdict - I'm a fan. This is definitely going to be a new staple in this castle. It was so super easy to make and it tasted good too. YAY for a new protein and YAY for my man taste testing it and giving the okay. He'll eat it too. Winner, Winner, Winner!
After suppa, my man headed to hockey and I spent the night lounging and "watching" TV with Mel. We make plans to watch TV all the time, this actually means sitting on the couch with the TV on and talking. We pretended to watch Harry Potter last night.
Before bed I snacked on something sweet, while my man took a spoon to the cashew butter (it runs in the family..)
Cake Batter

1/2 scoop Vanilla Muscle food, enough almond milk to make it a thick pudding like texture and 1 tbsp PB. Sprinkled with Maca.
I woke up 2:00 AM and had myself a little carb party:

And THIS:

Pumpernickle Bread Pre-Peanut Butter slathering
Annnnnnd that held me until the morning... (I would hope so)
No comments:
Post a Comment