Friday, February 19, 2010

My Food Philosophy

I don’t eat anything I feel bad for. Because I feel bad.. I don’t have rules about what I can and can not eat when it comes to meat. If there comes a day that I just don’t feel bad for chicken, I’ll eat it but today I feel bad (come on i'm reading Eating Animals). I’ve never liked red meat so that's not really an issue, annnnd I don’t feel bad for fish (yet). I don’t know why, I just don’t. I’m aware that this might seem ignorant but I don't view them the same way I view other animals. My feelings are serving me well though, from a health stand point the “meat” we are consuming is not really meat. It’s genetically engineered, pumped full of steroids and there is absolutely nothing natural about it.

I don’t believe in rules like “don’t eat after 8” (OBVIOUSLY), or “Eat your carbs in the morning not at night” (this is evident). I think these are silly. I don’t count calories or calculate ratios either. Have I always been this way? Absolutely not. I’ve learned to trust my body and listen to it. It’s WAAAAAAAAY smarter than my head, WAAAAAY smarter. I always make sure to eat something when I’m hungry, this way I always have energy. And I’m nicer too..

As far as carbs, protein and fat go, I try to be aware of having some of everything throughout the day. I have to make more of an effort for protein though because I tend to reach for the other stuff more often. I’m a sucker for sweets and salt.

Everybody’s body is different and I think that we all know our bodies better than we think we do. Maybe I can eat carbs at night but someone else knows that when they do the bread tends to “hang” around (I doubt this). But I’m not sure. It’s about experimenting and figuring out what works for YOU. If you stock your Castle (or home) with healthy foods like whole grains, fruits, veggies, nut butters, and natural sweeteners than you CAN eat whatever you want because this is the stuff you’ll want. Eat INTUITEVLY. There is a healthy alternative to every “bad” over processed food you love and it probably tastes better. Everyone knows that nothing’s as good as the REAL thing (like REAL PB).

I also have to add that I won’t ONLY eat organic food; our house is really a mix. I don’t care as much about organic for things like squash or watermelon. Anything with a harder skin in my mind fended off some of the pesticides. Same with fish, since they’re not being grown and fudged with by humans I don't think organic is always necessary. And some days I’ll randomly just be feelin cheap (like after buying 300 dollars pairs of jeans). In this case I’ll ask myself random questions like, “Is there REALLY a difference between organic bananas and bananas?” (the answer is yes, but for the sake of my William Rasts I can pretend). I WILL eat Ice cream or a Reese’s Peanut Butter cup; I’m just more likely to make my own if I have the option. And if I go to someone else’s house I’ll eat whatever they’re cookin, EXCEPT for the meat factor.

I think I’m pretty special so I’ve started to take care of myself and feed myself the BEST foods. My body deserves that much. I have way more energy for it, I’m happier and food is now FUN.

YOU can do it too. Figure out what you like, don't like, what you want to like and what you want not to like. Add things, subtract things, change things. It's YOUR body, it's your game!! I LOVE making up games..


This Post is bare, So i'll tell you a story VIA pictures!


These two just can't get enough of us. This was the night they threw a dinner party in our honour.


It was just that kind of night, my man ended up entertaining the party with some blues.


We need to find more exciting friends.. I got bored and drove off...

No comments:

Post a Comment