Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Keeping up Appearances

Yesterday morning my 5:40 am alarm totally ruined my dream and quickly shot me into the reality that was the GYM. If the word gym was an acronym what do you think the letters would stand for? Get Yourself Moving, God Your Monstrous do something, Hmm... Anyway, I did 40 minutes on the elliptical because i'm in competition with myself since TMZ made me do 40. 40's the new 30, damn it. Then I did two bicep machines and one machine for each of the following.. chest, shoulder, bicep and back.

I came home and had 1/2 a Pint


Scoop of Muscle Food. I snuck my favorite painting in the background, so inconspicuous.

Before I got ready for work, I tossed some Fu in the oven.


Cinnamon & Salt on the bottom, BBQ bites on the top.
Obviously, I was late for work again (mornings aren’t meant for cooking).

Everything Old is New Again

Okay so here’s the deal with my breakfast cookie oats. I’ve been eating Quacker Quick Oats for the past month since we had a HUMONGO bag of them and I decided to be a money saving adult and finish them off before buying organic. Well I’m almost out so I picked up some organic Regular Oats yesterday.



I couldn’t help myself and used them to make THIS breakfast cookie:



Now you wouldn’t think that there would be a big difference between quick and regular oats, but this would make you wrong. These are BIG and FLAKY making quick oats look like wimps. Goodbye almost empty bag of Quacker, Heeeelllloooo Dad’s Regular. I feel bad because I know you guys were probably hoping that I was almost sick of the bfast cookie and ready to try something new, but the COOKIE is REBORN!

I’ve been letting Bailey lick my plates once i'm finished, yesterday she lost this privilege.



I had to leave work for a doctor’s appointment at 10:30; I was going to see a specialist for a small bump on the bottom of my foot. Why stop over sharing now? It’s nothing serious but I can have it removed if I WANT, as long as the said specialist agrees to do it.

As usual, nothing for me can just be a normal experience. When I arrived at the doctor’s office I was totally sketched out by the office. It appeared as though it was completely void of furniture or decorations aside from 6 chairs and a desk and there was something that appeared to be a kitchen in the corner. The crowd in there was also a little rough (was he giving discounts today?). I went up to the front desk where the lady greeted me with “____________” that’s right, nothing, a blank stare. I told her my name and she told me to have a seat. All the seats were taken. I felt like saying “Umm on whose lap?”

I stood off to the side and waited for what felt like forever until she yelled my name (great she was a LOUD TALKER) and told me to bring her my health card. That was going to be a problem since I was PRETTY sure that it was in one of my 10 purses on the top of my closet. I walked up there anyway…

Me – “Umm I don’t have my Health Card actually.”
Lady – “Oh (disgusted look). “ Hush falls over the room. “Well then what’s your address and is your health card at least UPDATED?”
Me – “ya it's new (if you want it to be), And my address is..”
Lady – “Phone Number?”
Me – “1-800-not-telling” (no prank calling people)
Lady – “Next of Kin?”
Me – I’m trying to rack my brain, next of kin.. next of kin.. what exactly is kin.. Oh fudge.. “Like anyone?”
Lady – “No not like anyone. Like a PARENT.”
Me – Damn I knew that one “Oh, My Mom”
Lady – “And this BUMP on your foot.. Which FOOT is it?”
Me – “Left.”
Lady – “Great, have an (imaginary) seat.”

Lovely, now every sketchy character in this room thinks I’m dumb, knows exactly where I live and that if they want to come steal all my stuff, they should, they can probably outrun the girl with the bum foot.

For Lunch there was a New Man in Town

Dulse

Dulse is a type of seaweed. This was my first time trying it and I REALLY liked it. It doesn't taste like anything from the sea, it actually reminds me of bacon. That seems like an outrageous statement but it's salty and has a bacony (love fake words) flavour.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/66281/dulse_is_a_healthy_and_nutritious_sea.html?cat=22

Dulse is extremely high in vitamins B6 and B12, as well as iron, potassium and fluoride. Unlike other seaweeds, it is relatively low in sodium.

Dulse also contains a large shopping list of other vitamins and nutrients, including vitamins C, E, and A,, magnesium, calcium, dietary fiber and protein. Additionally, dulse is a natural source of iodine, essential for thyroid gland health and thyroid hormone secretion.

Rich with trace minerals from sea elements, dulce can quickly become a welcome accompaniment or garnish to many meals, or can simply be enjoyed as healthy snack.


It was such a good addition to THIS salad


Spinach, weeds, Spiralized Zucc, Dulse, Seitan and this morning’s BBQ Tofu bites. I massaged, yes massaged as in with my hands, hummus into the Spiralized Zucc. This technique (if it is in fact a legitimate technique) ensures you cover the whole vegetable evenly. You should probably only do this for YOUR OWN lunch. Massaging some one else’s salad might be a little inappropriate. When I was done it looked covered and I felt like it owed me around 30 bucks.

I followed it with this:


My parents ordered a big platter from Extreme Pita for lunch. I figured I should bring my own lunch since I buy groceries like I'm preparing for a famine and I can hardly keep up with the produce. I was all over the fruit platter though.

And This:


Figs with PB. Does it look like they're floating to anyone else?

Around 3 I was a LITTLE bit hungry or bored (pff details).. So I tried out this All Natural, Award Winning, High Protein, No Wheat/Dairy/Gluten, Low Glycemic, Vegan BAR (In the words of Chandler Bing, Could it BE anymore things?)


It tasted JUST like shortbread cookies. It was just the right amount of sweetness. It had a wopping 18 grams of muscle food so it had a SLIGHT protein taste but nothing major. My intention was to eat 1/2..


But self control isn't my strong suit..

When I got home from work I pilled in some greens.


Spin and Blackberries

While I was cooking my supper I also tried to make Falafels.


I can't give you the recipe because they tasted like A**.

I was surprisingly HUNGRY for supper so I had all of THIS


Sweet Potato Fries, Brocoli baked in the oven with olive oil spray and nutritional yeast, half a Seitan Sausage and Chickpeas baked in the oven with Pureed Pumpkin and Cinnamon. I bake everything on 400 by the way, I like that HEAT.

Apparently this wasn't enough so I had the other half of the Seitan



I also made my man supper but I don't have a picture. He had some buddies over to watch the hockey game, it was Canada versus the small wine glass country. Canada WON. Annnnyway, all the boys were hanging out in the kitchen while I was cooking so I didn't really want to go all paparazzi on his chicken. In my own mind I like to pretend that i'm the "cool" girlfriend, I figured trying to explain that I take pictures of everything I eat and then talk about it on a BLOG might tarnish my reputation. Just sayin.

I can show you the Nuts I used to make a "crust" on his chicken. I covered the chicken breast in an egg and then stuck these nuts on top. Once they were all sitting nicely on top I used the spoon to scoop up the egg that ran off the sides and poured it over top. I did this hoping that it would keep the nuts in place and it DID!!



After all that cooking I watched TV for a bit and then decided that the kitchen was more fun. I dipped (my fingers) into some NEW Almond Butter while making the following mornings Breakfast Cookie.


Same Brand as my PB. Verdict? So FREAKIN good. I'm not sure if it's because this is Raw Almond Butter or what but it was AHmazing. Crunchy and tasty. If I wasn't scared that my heart would stop if I ate the whole jar I totally would.

I was like a bottomless pit last night. I proceeded to bust out the Pumpernickle and PB. I had TWO pieces, one right after the other. To make myself feel like more of a sloth my man and I put P90X on and watched it while sitting on the couch. I felt like I had my butt kicked and I wasn't even doing it. There was no way that you can convince the man on that video is a human, I just won't believe you. I think I might try it just for shits and giggles.

I knew it was time for bed when my contacts started to get foggy, just kidding, it was because the clock said 10:00. If I went to bed when my contacts were foggy I'd be sleeping by 3 in the afternoon.

I woke up at 12:30, like usual, I know I amaze myself too. Like I said I was the bottomless pit. Your lucky I even have the following two pictures because it was a parade of food into my mouth.

I started with this and the NEW Almond Butter


I wanted more


And more

Selfishly ate the top and proceeded to have another. AND then there was only one more left in the container and you can never leave a man behind so I ate that one TOO.

No more muffins (which is probably a good thing). You can bet I slept like a baby after all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment