Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sporadic Randomness

Okay so i didn't get a chance to post anything yesterday, but i did however make it to the gym and cook healthy eats. Last week i started hitting the gym in the AM before work. I'm still not even sure how that happened or what's driving me to continue this pattern, but i kind of like it. So far i've been taking random classes like Ride, Kick, Step and Power. I'm hoping the variety does crazy good things for my body.. Crazy as in forms me some muscles..

Thanks to the Fitnessista's Blog i stumbled upon the BREAKFAST COOKIE. It's absolutely AH-mazing and it's definitely worth getting up for.. Apparently it's even worth getting up and working out for! I don't have a picture of it but i'll get one soon. If ya can't wait and want to find it check out Gina's fabulous blog www.fitnessista.com

Anyway here are some of the things i've ate!

*note: I've read a ton of ladies blogs in the last few weeks and i'm totally trying to be like them. They make these awesome recipes that look so delicious. I'm attempting to do the same. I said attempting..


This would be one salmon burger atop a bowl of that funny looking weed lettuce. The purple one's are siiiiick. I tried to eat those first to get em out of the way! I also threw an Ezekiel tortilla in the oven and topped it with Earth Balance Butter but it came out like a rock. Soooo i finished off lunch with a gooey Ezekiel english muffin instead.


This one definitely needs an explanation. So i saw that a lot of people were making home made veggie burgers and it appeared to me that you could pretty much throw any veggies and beans into the food processor, roll them into balls, flatten them and fry them. I was mistaken. I threw in 2 carrots, 1/2 cup of chick peas, half a bell pepper, cumin, garlic and sea salt. The result? a mushy mess but it DID taste good. I placed this on top of the weeds and a spiralized Zucc.


I really wow'd my bf with this one! I made us each individual pieces of salmon cooked with a soy sauce (1tbsp) Dijon mustard (2tbsp) glaze. I placed on top of the weed lettuce with spiralized Zucchini on the side. For the zucchini dressing i blended 1tbsp peanut butter and 1 tsp soy sauce and maybe like a tbsp of water. It was Yummy. Two thumbs up! My man and i ate this while watching (and judging) the BACHELOR.


This was my lunch today. Spiralized Zuccini with a tsp of Sesame oil, 2tbsp Nutrional Yeast, Sea Salt and Mushrooms. Served on top of the weed lettuce. It was really filling which is weird because i always think if i don't have bread i won't be full. I'm STUFFED.

If you hadn't already noticed i'm loving the spiralized zucchini. I ordered the Joyce Chen spiralizer last week since it seems to be one of the most popular items in the blog world. I LOVE IT!!

Some of the other things i ate include the daily Breakfast cookie, PB and figs, Almond butter and pumpernickle bread, Organic Raw coconut bars annnnd Tofu fried with cinnamon and sea salt.

PS Future posts will be more organized with more pics.. Promise! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment