Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hot Stuff

Good Morning Pretend Party People!!

How is your weekend going? Mine has been great so far! Yesterday I woke up at 7:34am (to be exact). I consider this sleeping in since I’ve been getting up so early during the week. My man works on Saturdays and has to be up at 7:30 so i made him breakfast/poured the mini wheats into the bowl.

I had... you guessed it!


The cookie making has become a calming ritual at night. And an excuse to sneak scoops of Almond butter.

I went to ride and it was HOT in therrrr!!! I love going to this class because if you push yourself as much as the instructor wants you too it’s an INTENSE leg, cardio, butt work out. You have to want to work hard though because they use the honor system when it comes to turning your dial (which increases the intensity). When they say “TURN it”, it’s really easy to just make the motion over the dial. This tricks the naked eye. I don’t do that.. anymore..

When I got home I figured my leg muscles were dying for some of this:

1/2 scoop

Since it was Saturday I was really excited to have endless amounts of time to cook up a really good lunch. I decided to go with a Mexican theme and found a great recipe on ohsheglows.com. It’s clearly evident that this is my latest blog discovery. Anywho, it was for homemade spelt flour tortillas. I was only cookin for two so I downsized the recipe.

Tortillas:

1 cup Spelt Flour
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
¼ cup of water

You mix it all together and then let it sit in a warm area for 20 minutes. I tried hard to think of a “warm” area in my house and I thought back to the time I attempted cinnamon buns. It said to keep that dough warm too so I put the bowl of dough in the couch and covered it with a blanket. I realize that can’t be what they mean and this time I stuck in the microwave. Sometimes it’s warm…

Then I made some guacamole. I squashed up ¾ of an avocado for my man’s guac and used the ¼ for mine. Then I mixed each serving with a few squirts of lime juice, dash of salt and a couple diced up baby tomatoes. I also cooked my man a chicken breast and sliced it lengthwise.

Once it’s been 20 minutes, separate the dough into 4 even balls. Push each ball down (flatten) and use a rolling pin to spread them into THIN circles. THIS was harder than it sounds. Don’t give up!


There's only 3 because i already rolled one.


Ahhh i stole and broke my mom's rolling pin! it had handles minutes prior to this pic.. oops..

Take each tortilla and heat in pan until the top bubbles a bit. Flip and let second side heat for a few seconds/a minute.




Look at us creepin in the background, that wasn't even intentional.

I spread the guac on the tortillas, topped all three with Eden’s organic black beans (free handed his and ½ cup on mine), his with chicken and mine with half of a cooked onion. I realized my man's needed something else so i made up some salsa. A few baby tomatoes, dash of chili powder, dash of cayenne and a little salt. Threw it all in the magic bullet and SALSA.

Here they are: (since I’m into impressing others I gave him the round ones and myself the misshapen ones)

Hers

Served on Spinach

His

Container to GO!

Since it was Saturday I took these to bed with me for an afternoon snack and watched some PVR’d Housewives.


A Treat! Tbsp PB and 2 Figs.

It was an ohsheglows.com kind of day so for supper I made my own version of her Banana Apple Coconut Curry.

My Version:
1 banana, sliced
1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes (I used 3 tomatoes)
3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 1/2 tablespoons curry
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 apple, sliced but not peeled
1/2 coconut milk
Shrimp
¼ cup Quinoa(for my man)

Take tomatoes, apple, and garlic and place in a food processor to blend until chunky. Toss it in a pot on medium heat and add sliced banana and spices. Then I cooked the shrimp and Quinoa in separate pots. Once it was all cooked I put the shrimp in the bowls, Quinoa in his and topped both with a few hefty scoops of the curry mixture. It was super tasty! Mine was kind of like soup.


Cookin

Hers


His

I couldn't decide if this was a spoon or fork meal. Spoon!

Verdict - It was really tasty annnnnd spicy. Well i thought it was spicy but J (my man) didn't agree. I'm always right though, so it was hawt. The banana's were yummy. They were my favorite part i think. They blended in and then BAM sweeeet surprise.

Before bed i had 1 slice of pumpernickle bread with PB!

No comments:

Post a Comment