Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Puffins

Yesterday morning I set my alarm for 5:40 AM but decided that the gym would be optional. I surprised myself and opted into 35 minutes on the elliptical. (Big pat on the back)

I deserved THIS:




My lunch was really sad looking. I had 20 minutes to drive all the way home and grab something since I had to cover the office over lunch. I think I grabbed the worst option possible. Salad and uncooked fish sticks. The back of the bag only gave the oven as a cooking option, but that’s what I really wanted so I took’em anyway. On the drive back to work I tried to rack my brain for all the things I know about microwaves. More importantly, “Can they cook fish sticks?” and “Can you stick paper plates in the microwave?” I didn’t know the answer to either of these questions.

I had to let the ketchup stand on my desk like this. I was hoping one of the guys from the back shop would come in and see it. I’m sure they already think I’m strange when I come in every day with my dog and heart shaped breakfast cookies.



Damn



My plate didn’t catch fire but the whole back shop smelled of fish.. REALLY strong fish.. Ooops.. I decided if anyone asked that i'd just blame it on the guy who speaks broken English.



SICK

I debated even telling you what was on this salad because it was so gross. This should never be repeated. Weeds, nutritional yeast, sprouts and two big NO’S chili flakes and dried onion flakes. I ate it as fast as I could.

After work I drove Bailey Home


She's stylish

Then I met my Bestie for some STARBUCKS, she introduced me to Zen tea which is a combination of my two favs, green and peppermint. Then we talked about how we both continue to ask for large's when we know they refer to them as Venti.

When i got home it was time for SUPPA!!

Pretend Mashed Potatoes (CAULIFLOWER) and Rosemary Tofu on a bed of Onions

This was Delicious.

Mashed Cauliflower
I boiled half a head of cauliflower, threw it in the food processor with a little bit of almond milk and salt. Processed it and kept adding almond milk until it looked like mashed potatoes.

Tofu
Made a sauce of 1/2 tbsp dijon, 1 tbsp white wine vinegar, 1 tbsp Rosemary, 1 clove of garlic and 3 tbsp chicken broth. I cut the tofu into triangles and placed them on a sprayed pan. I Poured 1/2 the sauce over the tofu and broiled it until it looked crispy. Then I Flipped them and poured the rest of the sauce on top, broiled until Brown. (I used half of a medium firm tofu block)

Onions
1 onion sliced and cooked in chicken broth with half a clove of garlic.

Annnnnd Voila


Fancy Dinner for 1!

Number 2 was hungry so he ate THESE:



You know how on a plane the safety video at the beginning of the flight tells you that incase of emergency to put YOUR own oxygen mask on before helping those around you? Well it's the same thing with supper. I was REALLY hungry so I made and ate my supper first.

As for the Puffins, they are a high fibre all natural corn cereal. If you like cereal these will remind you of your childhood faves minus the sugariness (fake word). The cinnamon flavor is SO good with almond milk and a tbsp of Almond Butter.

Immediately after that good looking supper I had a treat:


I had this FIG with PB and a handful of blackberries and Razzzberries.

While i ate my dessert and my man half listened to me (he was watching Olympic hockey). I told him that if i was going to be stuck on an island for the rest of my life and could only take one food i would choose Peanut Butter. He altered the rules of my own game telling me that i couldn't have water, ONLY peanut butter and that i'd be thirsty, in turn, making this a bad choice. Whatever, i don't need water. HE would pick Chocolate Almond Milk.



We made a deal to share..

Before calling it a night i had THIS:


Ezekiel English Muffin with Better Butter (Earth Balance)

As usual i woke up at 12:30 on the dot and had one slice of Pumpernickle bread smothered in PB annnnnd half a banana with PB too. I was hungry..

No comments:

Post a Comment