Saturday, February 13, 2010

Vday Suppa

Yesterday morning at 5:40 am I hopped out of bed like a ball of energy with a HUGE smile on my face, I was off to ride! LIE, LIE, LIE. It was SO hard getting up yesterday. Some how I managed to haul my butt to the gym for ride class. It was a new instructor and she really dragged out her words. It was as if she was doing it just to fudge with my head. It went a little something like this..

Note: Everything she said was out loud, everything i said was in my head.

Instructor "Feel it burn, turn up that TENSION! Higher!!"
Me "NO. This is too early, too fudgin early."
Instructor "Don't stand up, pedal FASTER, don't stand up! This is a SEATED climb"
Me "What is a SEATED climb anyway? Who climbs seated? Fudge this, let me stand"
Instructor "Annnnd Staaaaaaand"
Me "YES" - I stand
Instructor "waaaaiiiiit for itttt"
Me "damn it" - I sit
Instructor "NOOOOOOW"
Me "Fudge"
Instructor "Now tuuuuuuurn up that TENSION"
Me "Are you high?" - i turn it up
Instructor "Not yet, not yeeeeeeeet"
Me "But you just said..." - i turn it down
Instructor "Noooooooooooow"
Me "If we all band together i think we could take her."

When i got home after that looooooong ride class i finished making my man's chia seed puddin and was ecstatic (mmm hmm.. THAT happy) to see the almost empty Almond Butter jar!!

I dove in:



Then i had the breakfast cookie squared



And a mug'o green tea


I had a Styling meeting at 10:00, by 11 my boss and i were sampling the 14g Fibre Bar:


It tasted like toffee but I'm still scared of it..

Since my man and i were having our Vday Suppa last night i stopped by Pacific Fresh Fish to pick up something YUMMY



The owner of this place is OUTSTANDING. He walked me around and showed me all of the stuff i'd like based on my explanation, "I want something fancy, in a shell, mmm hmm.. a shell.. Oh ya and with LOTS of meat. Lots." He also gave a tutorial on how to cook the various seafood, as well as a hand out i could take home. What a guy!

I settled on these ones..



It was between Alaskan (or maybe Atlantic) or Cuban. The owner told me the difference was that one spoke spanish. I took spanish once and i like hot places, so i took the cuban.

While he got it ready for me i took a picture of these guys:

RIP


After all that seafood shoppin i was starving and since I was off, I made lunch for my man too. He's spoiled.

Hers

Rest of the Tempeh from the other night and Sweet Potato Rounds. AND Ketchup of course.

His

Chicken, Couscous (his new fav) and spiralized Zucchini with Better Butter (Earth Balance).

Supper Prep

APPETIZER: Jicama Sushi
MAIN COURSE: Asparagus, Couscous and LOBSTER
DESSERT: Banana Ice Cream


1/2 Jicama thrown into the food processor equals "rice". Jicama has a high water content, so after i processed it i put it in a strainer and pushed the excess water out.


Carrots, Cucumber and Seaweed for the filling.

I used THIS to roll them:



And Voila!

Hers


His

I divided the two uglies among both of us. Can you find them?

My fav Soy Sauce



Next up my hand out told me I had to "butterfly" the lobster..


It also said "remove veins as required". I didn't understand that part so i skipped over it.

While Prepping i ate THIS:



Then I got really FANCY

I robbed Dollarama.

I had planned on getting ready for supper and looking cute, but cooking is hard and there was no time for this. Instead i looked like a Desperate Housewife with chapped lips, not the hot Wisteria Lane kind either.

Main Course

Hers


His


This isn't actually how my man's plate looked to start. He'd already eaten some so when i went to take a picture he made me wait while he "fixed" it. Fixing mean't he rearranged his couscous and added 2 sushi's for appearance. I love him.

We were STUFFED but like the champs we are, we made room for..

DESSERT

Hers


His

I took two frozen banana's, tossed them in the food processor for "ice cream", divided it into our bowls and topped with PB and Agave. To make my man's chocolate, i mixed cacoa powder in with his agave for some chocolate syrup!!

We had planned on watcing a movie but since we're a 90 year couple trapped in 20 something's bodies we finished supper and went to BED. Don't worry, it was at least 10:00 o'clock.

When I made this post earlier i forgot to mention that Bailey woke me up at 12:30 to Pee. While she did her thing i had a slice of Pumpernickle with PB, incase you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment