Thursday, February 18, 2010

Breakfast for Suppa

Like the trooper I am, I woke up yesterday at 5:40 for Kick Class with the Cop Instructor. I have a love/hate relationship with Kick. I love it because I leave there sweaty and know I had a killer work out annnnnd I hate it for the same reason. I also love it because fighting air is awesome, I always win.

I rushed home and had a Martini before work:


More like ½ to ¾ scoop muscle food, I was sloppy.

That’s a lie actually. I rushed home, hopped in the shower and remembered half way through that I’d forgot Muscle food. The rest of the shower I worried that I was going to miss my protein “window of opportunity”. They say protein is only effective taken ½ hour to an hour MAX after exercise. I pushed the envelope and proceeded to blow dry and straighten my hair before having it. I wanted to enjoy it okay.

I got to work and had my Cookie:



Around 10:43 to be exact, I got hungry. After rummaging around I found this old container of protein powder (full scoop) in the back of my desk drawer. I vaguely remember bringing it here. I added some water and ate it the way I like it..



With a spoon…



Lunch



This isn't the most attractive stuffed squash but it's appearance is deceiving. I have no idea what kind of squash this is, but after googling it I’ve narrowed it down. I THINK it’s a buttercup squash. That, or a turban or Kabocha. Whatever it was it was good. I cooked it in the microwave for 4 minutes.

Stuffing
½ cup of black beans and some cut up sundried tomato. The sauce was 2 tbsp hummus, 1 tsp oregano and ½ tsp thyme with about 2 tbsp of water. I mixed the sauce, beans and tomatoes before putting it in the squash. You could also make this with less beans and add rice or couscous. If you're a cheese fan, add feta!

I ate it like I was being timed. I have no idea why.

My lunch didn't have a lot of staying power so i was hungry by 4. I thought i'd get some more Veggies in via an Amy's Burger:


I had a pack chilling in my car that i'd picked up earlier in the day so i brought one into work and Nuked it.

Snack Dessert


I'm assuming my desk is clean.

After work I hit up Superstore and found THESE:


Urgh sideways. Finn Crisps. These are kind of like big crackers, they have solid nutrional stats, taste good and FIVE crackers have 100 calories and like SIX grams of FIBRE. I love fibre! They also have about 3 ingredients if that and the less ingredrients in something the better. They were in the same aisle as the pumpernickle bread, which is actually the cracker/cookie aisle.

When I got home i wasn't overly hungry and i had no idea what i felt like. Since my man was out with a friend i decided i'd have breakfast for supper, FRENCH TOAST.


Two pieces of Ezekiel bread dipped in one egg white each. I covered them with lots of cinnamon and fried each side until they were nice and brown. Then i drizzled them with Agave and had a side of PB for dippin. SO GOOD!!!

The rest of the night i read Eating Animals and cried. I actually cried. There was this one part that was just so sad. The author broke into an industrial farm in the middle of the night and he was talking about how the little chickens were all huddled in groups around the heaters. It was the first time that i've ever thought of them in the same respect as Bailey. Bailey's an animal too and she's really not that different from a chicken, she even likes heaters. Bailey's not like me, but yet she feels things, loves things, likes things, doesn't like things, has a mom. So does a chick. Each chick is an individual.

Ooooooooooooookay that's enough!! This is a happy blog. I only mentioned it because i've read things like Skinny Bitch, which also talks about industrial farming but nothing has ever affected me like that. It must be because i'm an animal mom now.

After all that reading and learning I was hungry again. I kept on cruising on the carb train and had all of THIS with PB:


The second piece I ate at 1:30am.

I proceeded to talk my man to sleep, recounting everything i had read. He fell asleep REALLY fast.


I added this for kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment